Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious and unusual dessert!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cold (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄4 cup cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon golden rum
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton pineapple yogurt, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon golden rum (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, well-drained
- 1⁄3 cup coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar and salt. With pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- With fork, stir in cream and vanilla just until mixture begins to hold together.
- With hands, gently squeeze dough into loose clumps.
- Place on large sheet of plastic wrap; press clumps together to form a ball.
- Using the plastic wrap to keep edges from crumbling, roll into a 12-inch circle. Gently lift dough onto a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom; fold edges over to make sides double thick, and press dough firmly into corners of pan.
- Line pastry with foil; fill with dry beans or pie weights.
- Place tart pan on baking sheet or pizza pan; bake 35 minutes.
- Turn off oven; carefully remove foil and beans.
- Use a fork to pierce pastry in 2 or 3 places; return to turned-off oven for 5 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar until smooth;.
- Beat in yogurt, extract and rum.
- Fill cooled pastry shell; chill.
- Drain pineapple well on paper towels; chill.
- Just before serving, garnish tart with pineapple and toasted coconut.