Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is so yummy! There is rum in this recipe, but it is torched so the alcohol is burned off. Another great recipe from 30 Minute Meals.
- Scoop ice cream into 4 ice cream dishes.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter.
- Add the sugar and ginger.
- Stir together until the sugar dissolves.
- Continue to stir, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the pineapple chunks, toss to coat, and saute for 2 to 3 minutes to warm the pineapple through Remove the pan from the heat, and add the rum.
- Using a kitchen torch or igniter, flame the rum, tossing pineapple quickly to extinguish the flames.
- Pour the pineapple flambe over the ice cream, garnish with a maraschino cherry and a ginger cookie.