Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so yummy! There is rum in this recipe, but it is torched so the alcohol is burned off. Another great recipe from 30 Minute Meals.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 inch peeled ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 ripe pineapple, peeled,cored,and cut into chunks
- coconut sorbet or coconut ice cream
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- maraschino cherry, for garnish
- ginger snaps, for garnish
- Scoop ice cream into 4 ice cream dishes.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter.
- Add the sugar and ginger.
- Stir together until the sugar dissolves.
- Continue to stir, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the pineapple chunks, toss to coat, and saute for 2 to 3 minutes to warm the pineapple through Remove the pan from the heat, and add the rum.
- Using a kitchen torch or igniter, flame the rum, tossing pineapple quickly to extinguish the flames.
- Pour the pineapple flambe over the ice cream, garnish with a maraschino cherry and a ginger cookie.
Had a couple of girls from work over for a movie the other nite and made this as a treat....Man were they impressed....I hunted the stores for coconut anything and finally did find the sorbet, and was I glad I did as it definately was an asset. Sharon this is super and so spectaular to serve! TY
Yummy! The buttery, pineapple topping is wonderful. I used Chef Kate's Ming's Perfectly Simple Coconut Sorbet Ming's Perfectly Simple Coconut Sorbet and DH and I were both very pleased with dessert.