Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
I found the basic recipe in recipegoldmine, then adapted it to make beautiful cookies for Chinese New Year. The combination of pineapple, coconut and a hint of almond is very yummy! Prep time is an estimation and cook time is 8 minutes per batch. Please note that these cookies are not very sweet, so if you have a sweet tooth, do not hesitate to use 1/2 cup of caster/brown sugar.
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F.
- Combine butter, caster sugar, brown sugar in a large mixer bowl.
- Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, mix until combined.
- Add the lemon juice, zest, almond and coconut extract.
- Combine well.
- Mix salt with flour.
- Add it to the butter mixture gradually.
- (I use a wooden spoon) Put dough into cookie press.
- Press cookies onto UNGREASED cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8 minutes.
- NOTE: Before baking, i brush cookies with egg yolk glaze, fill the middle with some pineapple jam/filling and sprinkle with some dessicated coconut.
- Very delicious tropical cookies that i bake for Chinese New Year.
my first time using a press. cookies good, but i didn't get as many as receipe listed. must have made mine to big :)
These cookies are very pretty, I used the egg yolk glaze and pineapple filling, but the cookie itself seemed to be kind of bland, next time I'll add a bit more sugar, and maybe some vanilla or more of the other extracts.