Prep 3 hrs 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from a recipe by CallaLillie at allrecipes.com.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar (or Splenda)
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- Drain pineapple juice into a 2-cup measure. Add water to bring volume up to 1 1/2 cups.
- Make a syrup by bringing the sugar, pineapple juice and water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat, stir and boil until the liquid becomes clear, about 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Blend the drained pineapple in a blender or food processor until very smooth and frothy. In a large bowl, whisk together the syrup, pineapple puree, coconut milk, and lime juice. Refrigerate until chilled, about 3 hours.
- Freeze in the freezer canister of an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions.