Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Impress your company with this sorbet. Just pop the pineapple in the freezer and the coconut milk in the fridge and when it's dessert time, throw it all in your food processor and serve in MINUTES!
Top Review by Heydarl
I found this recipe during ZWT3, but didn't get to make it until today. After cutting myself badly on the pineapple tin, I recommend putting the pineapple into another container before freezing. I made as per the recipe except that I used Malibu coconut rum, crushed pineapple in juice & probably used a little more coconut milk & rum than in the recipe. Very tasty treat that wasn't too bad for my waist.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pineapple slices in syrup
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons well-chilled coconut milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon rum or 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place unopened can of fruit in freezer until solid (approx. 24 hours; can may bulge slightly).
- When ready to prepare, submerge unopened frozen can in very hot tap water for 1 minute. Open can and pour any thawed syrup into food processor bowl.
- Place frozen fruit chunks into food processor; add coconut milk and rum. Process until smooth, scraping blade as needed.
- Serve immediately or spoon into freezer container and freeze until ready to serve.