Tropical flavors of coconut, pineapple, orange, and island rum combine for a four-ingredient wonder of sublime taste. Transform a favorite summer cocktail into a cool and refreshing dessert. The 8 hrs of "cooking" time is freezing time.
- In a blender container or food processor bowl combine cream of coconut, undrained pineapple, orange juice, and rum. (If using a food processor, process only half of all the ingredients at a time.)
- Cover; blend or process until nearly smooth.
- Pour into a 9x5x3-inch loaf dish or a 2-quart baking dish.
- Cover; freeze about 4 hours or until firm.
- Break sherbet into pieces.
- Place sherbet, about half at a time, in a blender container or food processor bowl.
- Cover; blend or process until fluffy. (Or, place in a chilled bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.)
- Return pineapple mixture to pan.
- Cover and freeze at least 4 hours or until firm.
Annacia this is fantastic! it is oh so good, this had gone into my favorites and I am going to make this again to serve at my BBQ get togethers... oh forgot to mention I increased the rum to 1/3 cup :) thanks for this great recipe!
Wow, yummy! I made this for a July 4th dinner party and everyone loved it. I used my counter top ice cream machine.
This was really yummy. I made mine "virgin" (no rum) and it still tasted like a pina colada. I made the recipe as directed but found my food processor had a hard time breaking down all the hard, fozen chunks into an ice cream consistency -- maybe the rum causes it not to freeze so hard? Anyway, next time I'll use my ice cream maker. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT4.