Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I tried a similar dish at a conference, and I knew immediately I needed to recreate it! At the conference, they served it in martini glasses, which is a great presentation. I am marking the serving size with the assumption that it is a side dish, so if you are using it as your full meal, you'll want to adjust that accordingly.
- 1 head lettuce, iceburg or 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped and toasted
- reserved pineapple juice, about 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- black pepper, to taste
- Combine salad ingredients and toss well.
- Combine dressing ingredients and whisk until well blended.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat.
Surprisingly this salad went really well with quesadillas. The red bell pepper was sliced up and added the greens and not the dressing. I wasn't too keen on the coconut in this recipe, it's not the flavor at all rather the texture of the grated coconut I used (should have been shredded.) Fresh pineapple was a delicious addition to the salad. Pineapple juice and Dijon is a fantastic combination and not one I come across too often. Thanks for posting! Reviewed for Veg Tag January.