Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I haven't tried this yet. This is from Family Circle 2/1/92.
- 1⁄2 cup long grain white rice (not converted)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen Pina Colada mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cook rice in medium size saucepan following package directions. Stir in pina colada concentrate and milk. Bring to boiling over medium heat. Lower heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until the rice is very soft and the mixture thickens. (Use a very low heat to avoid scorching.)
- Beat egg slightly in small bowl. Stir in a little hot mixture. Return to saucepan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Do not let boil.
- Remove saucepan from stove. Stir in rum and lemon juice.
- Pour into serving bowl. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until serving time.