Recipe by Aimchick
Yum Yum Yum. Another summer time dessert to die for! I saw this on a TV show and changed this up a little. Super easy and elegant all in one. Cooking time is chilling time. HINT: Creme de coconut can be found with the bar accessories.. like margarita mix.
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup creme de coconut
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rum extract, divided
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 8 ounces whipped topping, divided
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut, toasted, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine nectar, coconut milk, and 1 teaspoon rum extract. Sprinkle pudding mix over liquid and whisk for 2 minutes. Fold in coconut and 1/2 of the whipped topping.
- Pour into pre-baked pie crust and chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Combine remaining whipped topping with 1/2 teaspoon rum extract. Top chilled pie with whipped topping and toasted coconut.