Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I found this recipe on a blog called Put a Lyd on it! http://putalydonit.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-02-11T14%3A52%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=7 It looks really good so I'm posting it here so I don't forget about it. I'm always looking for new recipes to make in my crockpot.
- 4 boneless pork chops (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained (I only had chunks)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Put oil on the bottom of crockpot.
- Place pork chops in a single layer over the bottom of crockpot.
- Combine soy sauce, hot pepper sauce, and coconut milk and pour of the top of pork chops.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- In the last hour, spread tidbits and parsley over the top.
We enjoyed this recipe, but like the previous review stated, it needed a little more spice in our opinion. I went ahead and added extra hot pepper sauce (Sriracha) and a little extra pineapple because we love it. We'll definitely be making this again.
We were all looking forward to trying this recipe but I'm afraid in the end it was just too bland for my family's taste. The only change I made was to use crushed pineapple instead of chunks or tidbits (what I had on hand). I think we expected to get a pina colada, coconutty taste but there was nothing. As far as the meat goes, it was extremely tender & juicy & we enjoyed it with horseradish and some bbq sauce. Thanks for sharing, Tinat! Made for Spring 2009 Pick A Chef.