Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love popcorn and am always looking for interesting ways to jazz it up. Pina Colada is one of my favorite flavors so I thought this would be perfect for a snack for me or even in gift bags for my friends.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup thawed frozen pineapple concentrate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
- 1 (3 ounce) bagbutter-flavored microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut, toasted
- In microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter on HIGH until melted, about 1 minute.
- Stir in sugar, corn syrup, pineapple juice concentrate and rum extract, if desired.
- Microwave on HIGH until mixture boils, about 3 minutes, stirring once.
- Microwave on HIGH 3 to 4 minutes without stirring.
- In large, shallow microwave-safe baking dish, combine popped popcorn and coconut.
- Slowly pour in juice mixture, stirring to mix.
- Place in microwave oven and microwave on 75% POWER approximately 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Turn popcorn onto wax paper or aluminum foil and allow to cool completely.
- Break apart and store in tightly-covered container.