Recipe by Muffin Goddess
Easy tropical poke cake with ready-made pina colada mix. Posting here so I can find it without sifting through a stack of printed recipes :)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 16 ounces pina colada nonalcoholic drink mix (alcohol free)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed (can sub and equal amount of stabilized fresh whipped cream if you prefer)
- sweetened flaked coconut, lightly toasted (optional, for garnish)
- maraschino cherry (optional, for garnish)
- canned pineapple chunk, patted dry (optional, for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the prepared cake mix in a 9x13" pan, per instructions on the box.
- While the cake is baking, combine the pina colada mix and sweetened condensed milk in a bowl and mix well.
- Once the cake is removed from the oven, keep the cake in it's pan and poke holes all over the top of the cake with a wooden spoon handle.
- While the cake is still hot, pour the pina colada mixture over the top of the cake evenly.
- Use a rubber spatula to spread the mixture, if needed.
- Set cake aside to cool completely.
- Once cake is completely cooled, spread Cool Whip or whipped cream over the top, sprinkle with toasted coconut, and decorate with pineapple chunks and maraschino cherries, if desired.