Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy tropical poke cake with ready-made pina colada mix. Posting here so I can find it without sifting through a stack of printed recipes :)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 16 ounces pina colada nonalcoholic drink mix (alcohol free)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed (can sub and equal amount of stabilized fresh whipped cream if you prefer)
- sweetened flaked coconut, lightly toasted (optional, for garnish)
- maraschino cherry (optional, for garnish)
- canned pineapple chunk, patted dry (optional, for garnish)
- Bake the prepared cake mix in a 9x13" pan, per instructions on the box.
- While the cake is baking, combine the pina colada mix and sweetened condensed milk in a bowl and mix well.
- Once the cake is removed from the oven, keep the cake in it's pan and poke holes all over the top of the cake with a wooden spoon handle.
- While the cake is still hot, pour the pina colada mixture over the top of the cake evenly.
- Use a rubber spatula to spread the mixture, if needed.
- Set cake aside to cool completely.
- Once cake is completely cooled, spread Cool Whip or whipped cream over the top, sprinkle with toasted coconut, and decorate with pineapple chunks and maraschino cherries, if desired.
My family loved this cake, delicious and rich. Easy recipe to make. Made as written, except used fresh pineapple, instead of canned. Made for ZWT9 ~ The Apron String Travelers
Really a good cake. The only change I made was to incorporate the pineapple into the whipped topping. Very good recipe. I have it on my computer now. Thanks