Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a recipe that I was inspired to make after seeing a few recipes in different cook books. It's quick and easy to make, and the coconut layer is the most beautiful white and a wonderful coconut flavor with a creamy texture.
- 1 shortbread pie crust
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml coconut cream
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml coconut extract
- 354.88 ml sweetened flaked coconut
- 177.44-236.59 ml pineapple preserves
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, coconut cream and sugar until well blended and slightly fluffy.
- Fold in the coconut extract and 1/2 cup shredded coconut.
- Pour mixture into pie crust, cover and refrigerate for 3 hours minimum to set.
- Toast remaining coconut to a light brown on top of stove over medium-medium-high heat while stirring almost constantly (this will take 10-15 minutes).
- Set toasted coconut aside until pie has set.
- When pie has set, remove it from refrigerator and spread the pineapple preserves over the top of it evenly.
- Sprinkle the toasted coconut on the pie and serve.
I am rating this 5 stars based on the raving reviews I get every time I make this pie :-) (I do not eat sweets but often have to make them for others!) this is a commonly requested pie at my husbands work functions and last night I made it more diabetic friendly by using Ideal sweetener in place of sugar. The one thing I do change is that I do not use the shortbread crust. I use slivered almonds that I crush a little by hand, add sugar and softened butter. I press that into the bottom of a pie plate and bake at 350 until lightly browned (depending on the oven 15-25 minutes) and when cooled I dump the filling in and continue as the recipe says.