Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe that I was inspired to make after seeing a few recipes in different cook books. It's quick and easy to make, and the coconut layer is the most beautiful white and a wonderful coconut flavor with a creamy texture.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, coconut cream and sugar until well blended and slightly fluffy.
- Fold in the coconut extract and 1/2 cup shredded coconut.
- Pour mixture into pie crust, cover and refrigerate for 3 hours minimum to set.
- Toast remaining coconut to a light brown on top of stove over medium-medium-high heat while stirring almost constantly (this will take 10-15 minutes).
- Set toasted coconut aside until pie has set.
- When pie has set, remove it from refrigerator and spread the pineapple preserves over the top of it evenly.
- Sprinkle the toasted coconut on the pie and serve.