- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄4 cup cream of coconut
- 1⁄4 cup white rum
- 14 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1 slice fresh pineapple (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 F (220C).
- Place crumbs, shredded coconut and sugar in a large bowl and use a fork to mix well.
- Stir in butter until evenly moist.
- Firmly press over bottom up and sides of a 9inch pie plate.
- Bake in center of oven until firm, 5-7 minute Place in freezer to cool about 20 minute.
- When crust is cool, place ice cream in large bowl and cut into small chunks.
- In small bowl stir ¼ cup coconut cream syrup with rum.
- Drain pineapple and pat dry with paper towels.
- Stir coconut cream mixture and pineapple into softened ice cream as best you can. Don’t let melt completely or pie will lose volume.
- Spoon into cooled crust and spread evenly.
- Tightly cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm at least 4 hours.
- For easy serving, place pie on counter and uncover. Let sit for about 10 min, just until you can slice.