Recipe by Chouny
I enjoy making my own ice cream once in a while using my ice cream machine. The beauty of this homemade recipe is it's all natural ingredients with no preservatives which are usually found in store bought ice cream. I came up with this sweet treat using fresh pineaple and coconut milk. Sweet and refreshing taste of the south!
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup table cream
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree pineaples with food processor.
- With mixer, mix together with all remaining ingredients until sugar disolves.
- Pour into frozen canister of ice cream machine, mix for approximately 45 minutes.
- Freeze for approximately 4 hours.
- Serve with fresh pineaple.