Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I enjoy making my own ice cream once in a while using my ice cream machine. The beauty of this homemade recipe is it's all natural ingredients with no preservatives which are usually found in store bought ice cream. I came up with this sweet treat using fresh pineaple and coconut milk. Sweet and refreshing taste of the south!
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup table cream
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Puree pineaples with food processor.
- With mixer, mix together with all remaining ingredients until sugar disolves.
- Pour into frozen canister of ice cream machine, mix for approximately 45 minutes.
- Freeze for approximately 4 hours.
- Serve with fresh pineaple.
Nice flavour - disappointingly it did not set :(
Great recipe, great texture fresh from the ice cream maker and not too hard after being in the freezer. Taste is smooth and complex, not overwhelming. I used a Cuisinart compressor ice cream maker.
I love pina coladas and I love ice cream, so I tagged this recipe for New Kids on the Block tag game. Unfortunately, I couldn't get this recipe to work with my tastebuds. I tried true to the recipe and then with my own adaptions and I just couldn't get a good taste. I hope you have better luck as I am sure this could be a wonderful treat for some.