Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A different twist to normal fudge. Cook time is actually refrigeration time.
Make and share this Pina Colada Fudge recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) package white vanilla chips
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) jar macadamia nuts, chopped,toasted
- 1 (16 ounce) canpillsbury creamy supreme vanilla frosting
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, toasted
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Line 8 or 9 square pan with foil, extending foil over edges.
- Place chips in medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes or until melted, stirring every 15 seconds until smooth.
- Reserve 1/4 cup nuts for garnish.
- Add remaining nuts and all remaining ingredients to melted chip mixture; mix well.
- Spread in foil-lined pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved nuts.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove fudge from pan by lifting foil.
- Remove foil; cut into squares.
- To toast macadamia nuts and coconut, spread on separate small cookie sheets; bake at 350°F.
- for 5 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring occasionally.
I made this fudge as written and several people loved it as is, however, I have to say I did not care for the rum extract at all - I find it gives it too much of a "chemical-type" taste. I also found that using both toasted coconut and coconut extract was a bit too much coconut flavor. I increased the pineapple to probably around 3/4 cup. Next time I make it I will leave out the rum extract and coconut extract and will increase the pineapple to at least 3/4 cup of possibly 1 cup. I also didn't sprinkle any of the macadamia nuts on top, but just simply incorporated all of them into the fudge. Since there were some people that loved it as written I decided to go with 4 stars instead of 3. I will make this again, but with the above stated changes.