Recipe by carolinafan
Delicious fruit salad from Better Homes and Gardens. Can use fresh pineapple or canned.
- 1 small pineapple or 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pineapple chunks
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 1 small papaya, peeled, seeded, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pina colada nonalcoholic drink mix
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground cloves (optional)
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- If using fresh pineapple, remove crown from the pineapple. Peel pineapple; remove eyes and core. Cut into bite-size pieces. In a large bowl, combine pineapple, strawberries and papaya.
- In a small bowl, stir together drink mix, rum, cinnamon, and, if desired, cloves; pour over fruit. Cover and chill for 1 to 4 hours, gently stirring occasionally.
- Before serving, transfer fruit mixture to a serving bowl. Gently stir in kiwifruit.