Recipe by JanetB-KY
This is light and creamy. It isn't a strong Pina Colada flavor but it IS reminiscent of the classic drink. It is good garnished with toasted coconut and some dried pineapple
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup milk or 2⁄3 cup coconut milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant coconut cream pudding mix, and pie filling mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 2 tablespoons rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F; lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; mix well- with pastry blender or fork, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs then stir in coconut and almonds, sprinkle evenly in ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Reserve 1/2 cup crumbs for topping; with fork, press remaining crumbs evenly in bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown watching as this burns easily- cool 20 minutes or until completely cooled.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in whipping cream;
- add milk and pudding mix; beat at high speed for about 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in pineapple and rum- pour over cooled crust; spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs- cover; refrigerate at least 6 hours or until serving time.