Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you like pina coladas, you're gonna love this!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 package instant coconut cream pudding mix (small)
- 1 (8 ounce) cancrushed pineapple in juice (, don't drain)
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spoon flour into measuring cup and level.
- In bowl, mix flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- Stir in coconut and almonds.
- Sprinkle in ungreased 13x9 pan and even out.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring a couple of times while baking.
- Take out 1/2 cup of crumbs to use for topping, and press the rest into the bottom of the pan.
- For topping: In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually beat in whipping cream.
- Add milk and pudding mix, beat on high speed for 2 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Stir in pineapple and rum.
- Pour mixture over cooled crust.
- Sprinkle with crumbs.
- You may add a few toasted almonds if you like.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
Made this dessert and was disappointed. Didn't like the crust and the filling part was nothing comparable to a pina colada. Sorry, but will not make this one again.