Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Coconut and pineapple cupcakes with a pineapple upside-down topping.
Make and share this Pina Colada Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 12 slices pineapple (fresh or canned)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 6 maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray cupcake-pan with nonstick spray.
- Cut a 1 or 2 inch chunk out of each pineapple slice so it will form a ring in bottom of each cup. (Can chop some of the "extra" pineapple and mix in batter or snack on it.) Cut cherries in half and place one in center of each pineapple ring.
- In a small saucepan melt 1/4 cup butter, corn syrup, and brown sugar. Cook over low heat for about 5 minutes or until slightly thick. Spoon over pineapple rings (about 1 1/2 teaspoons per cup).
- In medium mixing bowl mix 1/4 cup room temperature butter with granulated sugar until light an d fluffy. Add egg and coconut extract; mix. Add baking powder; mix. Alternating flour and pineapple juice, mix until well-combined. Stir in coconut flakes.
- Divide batter between cups and bake 20 minutes. Cool for about 10 minutes in pan before inverting.