1/1 Photo of Pina Colada Crumb Bars
I have been chairman of a Christmas Cookie Sale at my church for the past few years and we make literally 20 to 30 thousand cookies to sell. I am always on the look-out for new recipes and this is one of them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut
- 1Prepare crumb mixture and set aside 1 cup for topping of bars. Press the remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 13x9 baking pan.
- 2In a medium saucepan combine the pineapple, macadamia nuts, sugar, cornstarch and water and cook until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in the coconut.
- 3Pour over the crust. To the reserved crumb mixture add 1 cup chopped walnuts and sprinkle over the fruit mixture pressing with fingers lightly so that it sticks to.
- 4the filling. Bake the bars for 25 minutes at 350*.
- 5Cool well. Mix frosting ingredients and drizzle over the cool bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pina Colada Crumb Bars
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.3
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 185.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 44.2 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: