Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Awesome twist on the cream puff!! 8) Yum!
Make and share this Pina Colada Cream Puffs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well-drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- Cook pudding as directed, using the milk. Place in medium bowl; cover surface with plastic wrap.
- Chill at least 4 hours.
- When cool, fold in the coconut and drained pineapple. Add rum extract.
- Chill until ready to be used.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat water, butter, salt and sugar in heavy, medium saucepan over medium-low heat until butter melts.
- Remove from heat; stir in flour all at once, beating using a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Return to heat. Stir constantly until dough leaves sides of pan, forming smooth mass (dough should look slightly dry), approximately 12-15 minutes; remove from heat.
- Make well in center of dough; add 1 egg at a time, beating vigorously with wooden spoon until paste has absorbed all liquid and reformed into smooth mass before adding next egg.
- Measure 1/4 cup of dough; place in mound on a lightly buttered baking sheet.
- Repeat, making 6 mounds. Top each with 1 tablespoon of remaining dough.
- Bake until puffed and golden, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- With sharp knife, make a small slit in each where large bottom connects with smaller top.
- Bake 10 minutes, then allow to cool on racks.
- Cut tops of cream puffs off with serrated knife.
- Pull out any moist dough inside and fill each with the pudding mixture; replace the tops.
- Next, combine confectioners' sugar and the water in bowl of electric mixer; beat until smooth.
- Drizzle the icing over tops of the puffs and sprinkle with the coconut.