Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just like the beverage, this dessert will be one you will make for any special occasion.
Make and share this Pina Colada Cream Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (7 ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 tablespoons light rum (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- heavy whipping cream, whipped (optional)
- sweetened flaked coconut, toasted (optional)
- Combine all crust ingredients in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and up sides of ungreased 9 inch pie pan. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Combine milk, coconut milk, sugar and cornstarch in 2 quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil (7 to 9 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir small amount of milk mixture into egg yolks. Slowly pour egg mixture into remaining milk mixture in saucepan, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 160* and is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon (1 to 2 minutes). DO NOT BOIL. Stir in pineapple, rum (if desired) and vanilla. Pour into crust. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream and additional toasted coconut, if desired.