Recipe by looneytunesfan
Just like the beverage, this dessert will be one you will make for any special occasion.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (7 ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 tablespoons light rum (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- heavy whipping cream, whipped (optional)
- sweetened flaked coconut, toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all crust ingredients in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and up sides of ungreased 9 inch pie pan. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Combine milk, coconut milk, sugar and cornstarch in 2 quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil (7 to 9 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir small amount of milk mixture into egg yolks. Slowly pour egg mixture into remaining milk mixture in saucepan, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 160* and is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon (1 to 2 minutes). DO NOT BOIL. Stir in pineapple, rum (if desired) and vanilla. Pour into crust. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream and additional toasted coconut, if desired.