Recipe by mariposa13
I found this on the internet, but I haven't tried it yet. It sounds really good, so let me know if you try this!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I didn't use the brand name drink mix suggested for this, I just used 12 ounces of premade liquid nonalcoholic pina colada drink mix, and I added in some toasted coconut, topped it with whipped cream and more toasted coconut... this pie is absolute heaven and light as a cloud...so easy to make also. thank you mariposa!...Kitten:)
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 (12 ounce) canla preferida pina colada nonalcoholic drink mix
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream, lightly whipped
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crust
- maraschino cherry (optional)
- crushed pineapple (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan sprinkle gelatin into Piña Colada Mix and heat stirring to simmer (or place in a microwave safe bowl and heat on HIGH 30 seconds, stirring once).
- Add rum.
- Chill in freezer 10 minutes.
- Beat mixture until smooth.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the Piña Colada Mix and then place in crust.
- Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Serve: Topped with remaining whipped cream and garnished with cherries and/or pineapple if desired.