Prep 30 mins
Cook 22 mins
The flavors of the tropical drink in a cookie.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- In a big mixing bowl, place the softened cream cheese and butter; blend with an electric mixer set on med-high speed for 1-2 minutes, until blended and smooth.
- Add in the egg yolk, pineapple juice, rum extract, and half of the cake mix; blend with an electric mixer set on med-high speed for 1-2 minutes, until blended and smooth.
- Stir in the remaining cake mix and coconut with a wooden spoon until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Chill dough, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Position oven rack in the middle of oven; spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until set at edges and just barely set at center when lightly touched.
- Cool 1 minute on sheets; transfer to wire racks with a metal spatula and cool completely.
These were ok but I was not able to taste the other flavors besides the vanilla cake mix.