1/1 Photo of Pina Colada Chicken W/ Calypso Confetti Cauliflower (Paleo)
PSU Lioness's Note:
This one is from Michelle at The Clothes Make the Girl. It is a wonderful Paleo recipe that incorporates the taste of the islands to spice up boring chicken breasts. The recipe for the cauliflower is included. This recipe makes enough for 2 but is easy to double or triple to feed a family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
- coconut oil (to saute chicken)
- 118.29 ml unsweetened crushed canned pineapple
- 118.29 ml coconut milk
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 118.29 ml onion, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 473.18-709.77 ml grated cauliflower
- 14.78 ml coconut oil, separated (or olive oil, for sauteing)
- salt, to taste
- 1Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2When hot, add chicken and saute until no longer pink (about 8-10 minutes).
- 3Place the coconut milk, pineapple, lime juice, garlic clove, and cayenne, in a medium sauce pan. Heat over medium while you make the rest of the meal. Stir occasionally and if it starts bubbling, turn back the heat to Medium-Low.
- 4Dice the peppers and onion to a 1/4-inch; try to make them all the same size so they cook evenly.
- 5Shred the carrot with a grater or peeler.
- 6Remove stems from cauliflower and process through the "grate" disk on a food processor a handful at a time. You can also grate the cauliflower with a handheld veggie grater, but this takes significantly longer and the time is not included in the prep.
- 7Heat 1 tsp coconut oil in a large saute pan over Medium-High heat. Add peppers, onions and carrots. Saute until tender and starting to brown (about 7 minutes).
- 8Add 2 more tsp coconut oil and the cauliflower to the veggie skillet. Saute and stir occasionally until cauliflower is cooked and beginning to brown (about 5 minutes).
- 9Stir in the chicken and keep on heat until it has reheated.
- 10Divide the chicken/veggie mixture evenly between 2 plates.
- 11Top with sauce that has been simmering on the stove.
- 12You can also top this with chopped avocado pieces or toasted sesame or sunflower seeds when serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pina Colada Chicken W/ Calypso Confetti Cauliflower (Paleo)
Serving Size: 1 (530 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.3
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 165.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 50.9 g
- Protein 26.1 g