Recipe by Laurawombat Garcia
Found this recipe on ABC11's Mr Food section. Haven't tried this, but I think if you like Pina Coladas you'll like it. It probably makes a moist sweet bird.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 10 maraschino cherries, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Season the chicken with the salt and pepper and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until no pink remains and the juices run clear.
- Remove to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add the cream of coconut and heavy cream to the skillet; cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring until well combined.
- Stir in the pineapple and cherries and return the chicken to the skillet.
- Cook for 2 to 4 minutes, or until heated through. Sprinkle with the toasted coconut, and serve.