1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Made this cheesecake only once, quite a few years ago, but remember it as "sumptuous"!! The perfect dessert - 1985
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Coco Nut Crust
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup ground toasted brazil nuts or 1 cup ground toasted filbert nut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, cooled to room temperature
- 2 1/4 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, drained well, 1/2 cup juice reserved
- 1/3 cup coconut rum
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature, slightly beaten
- 2 slices fresh pineapple, 1/2 cm thick (optional) or 2 slices canned pineapple (optional)
- 1Prepare coco nut crust.
- 2Place oven rack in centre of oven, heat to 350 degrees.
- 3Coat bottom and sides of 9 inch springform pan evenly with unmelted butter, reserve.
- 4Stir coconut, Brazil nuts and sugar in medium bowl.
- 5Drizzle melted butter over nut mixture.
- 6Stir and toss mixture vigorously with fork until slightly darkened and uniform.
- 7Press nut mixture evenly on sides and bottom of reserved pan.
- 8Refrigerate 5 minutes.
- 9Bake crust 7 minutes.
- 10Cool on wire rack to room temperature before filling, about 30 minutes.
- 12Place oven rack in centre of oven, heat to 350 degrees.
- 13Cut cream cheese into 1 inch cubes, place in large mixer bowl.
- 14Beat at medium speed, scraping down sides of bowl as needed, until completely smooth.
- 15Continue beating while gradually adding crushed pineapple.
- 16Gradually beat in reserved pineapple juice and the liqueur until blended, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- 17Add sour cream to cheese mixture, beat at medium speed until blended.
- 18Continue beating while very slowly adding sugar, scraping down sides of bowl as needed, beat until sugar is absorbed.
- 19Add eggs, about 1/4 cup at a time, beating well and scraping down sides of bowl after each addition.
- 20(Batter will be thin) Pour patter into baked cooled coconut crust.
- 21Gently rotate pan several quarter turns to settle batter.
- 22Bake until sides of cheesecake are set 2 1/2 inches in from edges and centre is still pudding like, 60 to 65 minutes for a creamy centre.
- 23For a firmer centre, bake until centre is just set, about 10 minutes longer (cake may crack at sides).
- 24transfer pan to wire rack away from drafts.
- 25Let cool undisturbed until sides and bottom of pan are completely cooled to room temperature.
- 26Remove sides of pan.
- 27Refrigerate cake uncovered overnight or at least 8 hours.
- 28Cover cake loosely with plastic wrap, refrigerate until serving time.
- 29Make optional garnish just before serving.
- 30Pare and core pineapple slices, cut out eyes of pineapple making small notches in outer edge of slices (or use canned slices).
- 31Cut slices into quarters.
- 32Place 6 to 8 pineapple quarters in border around top of cheesecake.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pina Colada Cheesecake With Coco-Nut Crust
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 924.0
- Calories from Fat 639
- Total Fat 71.0 g
- Saturated Fat 40.0 g
- Cholesterol 270.2 mg
- Sodium 497.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 50.3 g
- Protein 16.0 g