Prep 20 mins
Cook 43 mins
From Cooking Light March 2007. Allow extra time to chill.
Make and share this Pina Colada Cheesecake Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour or 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- cooking spray
- 1 cup 2% fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup block-style fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- CRUST: Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Add butter, oil, and 1 tablespoon water; toss well.
- Press mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- FILLING: Combine cottage cheese and the next 7 ingredients (through salt) in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Add egg substitute, and process until blended.
- Spread cheese mixture over cooled crust.
- Bake for 33 minutes or until set.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
- TOPPING: Top with pineapple and coconut.
I should preface this by saying that I never cook light, so the way the cottage cheese affected the consistency of the cheesecake is affecting my rating. I think this would have been a lot better with full-calorie cream cheese and no cottage cheese. If you're looking for something light, this is probably a good bet. the problem is, I'd prefer something richer.