Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Taste of Home.
- 15 shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cream of coconut
- 3 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
- 3 tablespoons apple jelly
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 inches square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and coconut; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the cream of coconut, milk and extract. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 inches of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Thinly slice pineapple; arrange on cheesecake. Warm apple jelly; brush over pineapple. Refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, garnish with blossoms if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Boy this had a lot of flavors going on. Followed recipe as written with no changes. Baked it for 1 1/4 hours. Very moist, and flavorful. Went to the local orchard, 15 minutes away to get some of their apple jelly. When iy was done the race was on, next time have to get out of the way, because we all enjoyed the aroma coming from the oven. I wish I could give more stars to this. Made for Recipe Swap#47 :)