Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cake is so light & moist and has so much flavor. It's really delightful. I got it from a cookbook back in 1985 that was comprised of everybodies favorites. This was my mom's all time favorite cake. You may have trouble finding coconut cream pudding, so you can sub with vanilla pudding.
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup rum
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling
- 1⁄3 cup rum
- 1 (9 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Blend all cake ingredients in large bowl.
- Beat 4 minutes at med.
- speed of electric mixer.
- Pour into two greased 9" layer pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Frosting: Combine all ingredients except whipped topping and coconut in a bowl.
- Beat until well blended.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Sprinkle coconut on cake after frosting.
I used to make this cake for any get together back in the 70s. I lost the recipe years ago, but this one is it! Thank you so much for posting such a delicious, easy and fun recipe (both to make and to eat lol!) It is a great recipe guaranteed to be a hit at your next get together!
This was awesome. I used 1/8 cup pineapple juice and 1/8 cup amaretto in the cake rather than the rum. I also used amaretto in the frosting. I toasted the coconut as well. YUMMY!!!
This is one of the best "from a box" cake recipes I've ever made! I guess I first made this cake back in the mid 70's ( Ya, I know I'm old!! ) and it's still one of my favorite cakes! Thanks for posting this, Boca Pat- now I won't have to worry about loosing my yellow, faded magazine clipping! :)