Oh, the weather outside is frightful, But the kitchen smells delightful, I'm cooking something tropical, Let it snow, Let it Snow, Let it snow This is my son's favorite birthday cake and his birthday is in December, which is not a month you usually make a tropical summer dessert in. Which is why like us, you may just get the urge to go hang ten in your front yard in the middle of winter.. or not.
- 1 box yellow butter recipe cake mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges (undrained)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (you'll need just a little extra to sprinkle on top of cake too)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- For cake, preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Pour batter equally into 3 greased and floured round cake pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool and Frost.
- For Frosting: Mix dry pudding mix and pineapple, then add cool whip.
- Frost cooled cake, and sprinkle with coconut and refrigerate until serving.
- Warning, since the frosting has cool whip in it, exposure to heat will make it runny.