Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Always a hit!!...and it's easy to make!!!
Make and share this Pina Colada Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2⁄3 cup light rum (or substitute juice drained from pineapple and enough water to equal 2/3 cup)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1⁄3 cup light rum (optional)
- 1 (7 ounce) package shredded coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan. Mix all the cake ingredients; beat with an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- While cake is still warm; poke holes in top with a large fork. Mix the cream of coconut and rum (the sauce ingredients); pour over the the warm cake. Cool in pan.
- Fold the shredded coconut and crushed pineapple into the whipped topping (the frosting ingredients). Frost the cake. Place in refrigerator and chill 2 to 3 hours before serving. Cake keeps well for a week in the refrigerator.