Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adopted recipe! Oh, this is GOOD
Make and share this Pina Colada Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 (13 ounce) can condensed milk, sweetened
- 1 (8 ounce) container prepared topping, whipped
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x13-inch pan.
- Prepare cake as directed on package, but use 2 eggs instead of the number the recipe calls for.
- Bake as directed.
- While cake is baking, combine cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk.
- When the cake is done, remove from oven and, while it is still hot, punch holes in the top (the handle of a wooden spoon works well). Pour the cream of coconut/condensed milk mixture over top and into all the holes.
- Let cake cool thoroughly (can be refrigerated to cool). When ready to serve, cover cake with whipped topping and sprinkle coconut flakes on top.
- Serve thoroughly cooled.
I'm giving it 4 stars because its a version of a cake my Mom has made for ages. Fabo cake, disapears in an instant. Its sweet, but not too sweet, and is great at a picnic or BBQ. Mom's version uses yellow cake instead of white, and adds crushed pinapple to the mix. I can't be sure on the particulars, but if you email me I'll send them.
One word... DELICIOUS! I added a small can of crushed before topping with Cool Whip.
This is the best pina colada cake that I have ever eaten!!!! This cake was very easy and quick to make. it would be hard to mess it up. i made this for my grandmas 70th birthday and everyone was raving about how great the cake was.