This cake is the best ever! Not to much coconut, pineapple, rum or too sweet. Everyone gulped it down and asked for the recipe. The cake makes a great presentation and can be topped with maraschino cherries to make it pretty if serving at a party or brunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 1/4 ounces white cake mix
- 1/2-1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut flavoring
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained (save the juice)
- 3/4 tablespoon rum flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon pineapple flavoring
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice (saved from can)
- 1 -3 egg (according to cake mix box directions)
- 1/2 cup butter (according to cake mix box) or 1/2 cup oil (according to cake mix box)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F (or whatever is on the boxed directions).
- 2In a large bowl, place 8 oz crushed drained pineapple, coconut, and the flavorings. Add cake mix.
- 3follow directions for the cake mix in mixing the batter (i.e. number of eggs to use, oil, butter etc. Use the drained pineapple juice instead of the water called for in the boxed directions.
- 4Pour into greased pan of your choice and bake according to the directions on the box.
- 5When done, remove cake from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- 6Put all of the can of icing into a small bowl.
- 7Add all three flavorings, coconut and pineapple.
- 8Mix with spoon or spatula until well blended and smooth.
- 9Frost cake with your icing.
- 10Place into refrigerator to set icing and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pina Colada Cake
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.6
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 417.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 51.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: