This recipe came inspired on a hawaii trip, I improvised on using real rum instead of flavoring. It is simply delcious,looks great if you color the whipped creme to whatever holiday your making it for.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 1/4 ounces cake mix, use as directed substituting some of the water for rum below (or any favorite cake mix, white prefered)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 3/4 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup bacardi rum
- 1 (8 ounce) can creme de coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease/flour a 13 x 9" cake pan.
- 2Using cake mix by directions substitute 1/2 cup of rum instead for part of the water ingredients.
- 3Pour into prepared pan and bake as directed.
- 4Have ready: In a separate bowl combine condensed milk, creme of coconut together (if you really love rum add another 1/4 of a cup to this mixture)
- 5Remove from oven; poke holes evenly in the cake, pour this mixture over hot cake.
- 6When cool, frost with whipped creme and sprinkle with coconut.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pina Colada Cake
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.7
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 44.4 mg
- Sodium 270.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 34.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
creme de coconut