Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came inspired on a hawaii trip, I improvised on using real rum instead of flavoring. It is simply delcious,looks great if you color the whipped creme to whatever holiday your making it for.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces cake mix, use as directed substituting some of the water for rum below (or any favorite cake mix, white prefered)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 3⁄4 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup bacardi rum
- 1 (8 ounce) can creme de coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease/flour a 13 x 9" cake pan.
- Using cake mix by directions substitute 1/2 cup of rum instead for part of the water ingredients.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake as directed.
- Have ready: In a separate bowl combine condensed milk, creme of coconut together (if you really love rum add another 1/4 of a cup to this mixture)
- Remove from oven; poke holes evenly in the cake, pour this mixture over hot cake.
- When cool, frost with whipped creme and sprinkle with coconut.
pour the rum on the cake instead of using it in the mix, its much better...just use the water as directed. I didnt taste the rum using it for baking, this cake is great!