Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came inspired on a hawaii trip, I improvised on using real rum instead of flavoring. It is simply delcious,looks great if you color the whipped creme to whatever holiday your making it for.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces cake mix, use as directed substituting some of the water for rum below (or any favorite cake mix, white prefered)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 3⁄4 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup bacardi rum
- 1 (8 ounce) can creme de coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease/flour a 13 x 9" cake pan.
- Using cake mix by directions substitute 1/2 cup of rum instead for part of the water ingredients.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake as directed.
- Have ready: In a separate bowl combine condensed milk, creme of coconut together (if you really love rum add another 1/4 of a cup to this mixture)
- Remove from oven; poke holes evenly in the cake, pour this mixture over hot cake.
- When cool, frost with whipped creme and sprinkle with coconut.