Recipe by HokiesMom
Found in the 100 Best Appetizers Cookbook. This book was given to me by my swap partner MaField during the Cookbook Swap in 2008. I am saving this recipe for possible use at my DD's wedding next May.
- 1 (1 lb) wheel brie cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cheese wheel on ovenproof serving platter.
- Combine well drained pineapple, almonds and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Cook until thoroughly heated then spoon mixture over the cheese wheel.
- Bake at 400F for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is softened.
- Sprinkle coconut over pineapple topping; continue to bake until coconut is lightly toasted.
- Serve with a variety of crackers.