Recipe by twissis
I love crockpot cooking & have posted 2 other recipes today I thought were special. This is the last & looks so good to me, but I'll probably never be able to make it here in Iceland for lack of the pina colada drink mix I've never seen. This would surely be for a special occasion & the directions look a little labor intensive to me, but I hope someone not intimidated, but equally intrigued will try this just so I'll know whether it's truly as good as it appears it should be. Prep time was a pure guess & did not include cooking time. NOTE: Despite several tries, I wasn't able to correct or delete the word powdered from the drink mix ingredient. This is a frozen liquid.
- 1 lb loaf French bread
- 10 ounces frozen Pina Colada mix
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream of coconut
- 2 large bananas (sliced crossway)
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup light rum
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel (grated)
- fresh mint sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- With a sharp knife, peel crust from bread & save for another use. Cut bread into 1 inch cubes & set aside.
- In blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine 1/2 of the following ingredients: Drink mix, pineapple juice, evaporated milk, cream of coconut & banana slices. Process till pureed & pour puree into a 6-cup bowl.
- Puree remaining 1/2 of liquid ingredients & banana slices as well as eggs & liqueur.
- Combine both purees & set aside.
- Combine raisins & crushed pineapple + the juice & set aside.
- Place about 2/3 of bread cubes in slow cooker, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel & spread 1 cup of the raisin-pineapple mixture over bread in slow cooker.
- Top with remaining bread cubes, then with remaining 1/2 tsp lemon peel & raisin-pineapple mixture.
- Pour pureed ingredients into slow-cooker. Cover & cook on low 6 hours
- TO SERVE: Divide pudding into 8-10 dessert dishes & serve hot. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs for that extra touch.