Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Thanks to the inclusion of coconut rum, it's difficult to detect any taste of alcohol in this extra creamy-delicious Piña Colada. The rum may be left out altogether for a delightful tropical drink your entire family will enjoy!
- 4 ounces cream of coconut
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄2 ounces rum (Bacardi Gold)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces coconut rum (Malibu)
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Mix ingredients in blender until smooth; pour into glasses; garnish with pineapple wedges and maraschino cherries if desired.
- Note: This recipe is my adaptation of "The Authentic Piña Colada" printed on back of the Coco Lopez Real Cream of Coconut® can, which is the same as this but uses all (3 ounces) regular rum only ~ It's a great drink but I just love the inclusion of part coconut rum to make it even better!
I made this one for my husband who really liked it but didn't think it was very strong. I thought it was perfect. I really liked the coconut rum as opposed to just all regular rum.
Best Pina Colada I have ever had. Everyone at my party said it was so good. I added a litte nutmeg to it. A bartender add nutmeg to mine a long time ago and I loved it. So i tried it with this drink and it was wonderful. Thanks
This is hands down the best pina colada ever!