Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this in a cookbook by BBQ guru Bobby Flay. This is a fantastic pina Colada recipe. It is easy and comparable to any Pina Colada I've ever tasted. Leave out the rum and serve it to the kids as a slush. This is how we drink it.
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 18 ounces unsweetened pineapple juice
- 4 ounces sweetened coconut milk (I use Coco Lopez, usually found in the juice section)
- 4 ounces rum
- 2 cups ice
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- Put banana and pineapple juice in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add Coconut milk, rum and ice.
- Blend until it is the consistency of a slush.
- Sprinkle with coconut and drink.
Excellent pina colada! I used unsweetened coconut milk and added 2 packets of Equal. These are very good! You can sure mix them up in no time at all. I think I'll make a lot more of these!! Thank you Dawn!
WHOO-HOO!!! Whipped up a batch of these & met my husband at the door with a glass. Just what the doctor ordered to end a long and hot-and-humid Friday! We drank 3 of these and skipped dinner...Boy, are they good. I followed the recipe exactly, but with the specified amount of ice, mine didn't blend to a 'slush' - was a little more creamy (no harm done at all). I wouldn't add more ice, though. The blend of flavors is just right as the recipe states.
I thought the banana was overwhelming. Even after adding more coconut and rum it just tasted like an alcoholic banana smoothie.