Top Review by Sassy in da South
Quick and easy, particularly if you use the canned pineapple slices, which I did. I'm sure that with fresh pineapple it would be even better. Even though others might feel this was overly sweet, I thought it was just right for me. I served these warm straight from the oven and was hoping for leftovers, which I didnt get! Made for ZWT4.
- 1 large pineapple, ripe
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 lime, zest of, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the broiler (this can also be made on an outdoor grill).
- Using a large, sharp knife, cut off the leaves of the pineapple; slice a bit off the base so as to make it steady; and then, slicing from top to bottom on the bias, remove as much of the 'eyes' as possible.
- Turn the pineapple on its side and slice it into 1/2" rounds.
- Using a paring knife or a biscuit cutter, core the slices.
- Arrange the pineapple rings on a sheetpan covered with foil.
- Or, drain a can of pineapple rings and place them on the sheet pan lined with foil--but it won't be as much fun.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients together.
- Brush the pineapple with half the mixture and broil it for about two minutes.
- Carefully turn the slices, coat the second side with the glaze and broil that side until carmelized and bubbly.