Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Pimm's is a typically British summer drink. This recipe comes from the Independent newspaper.
- 3 sheets leaves gelatin
- 400 ml lemonade
- 175 ml pimm's no 1 gin
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 284 ml double cream
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3 oranges
- 250 g strawberries, hulled
- mint sprig, to decorate
- Soak the gelatine in cold water until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Heat half the lemonade until nearly boiling and remove from the heat.
- Lift the gelatine out of the water and stir into the lemonade until dissolved.
- Add the Pimm's, lemon and lime juice and remaining lemonade.
- Pour through a sieve into a bowl and refrigerate until set.
- Lightly whip the cream and stir in the sugar.
- Zest one of the oranges and add the zest to the cream.
- Slice the strawberries and stir half of them through the set jelly.
- To serve, dollop some jelly in a glass and add more strawberries and some orange segmets.
- Finish with a spoonful of orange cream, a bit or mint and a strip of zest.
Brilliant! We loved this delicious concoction last night. I love Pimm's and hardly anyone I know in the South even knows what it is. Thanks so much Sackville.