Recipe by Hey Jude
I make these on New Year's Day to snack on while taking down the Christmas tree (or while watching ball games if you're my husband).
- 16 ounces mild pork sausage or 16 ounces hot pork sausage
- 3 cups biscuit mix (like Bisquick)
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon hot sauce, such as tabasco
- sweet and sour sauce (optional)
- barbecue sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, combine sausage, biscuit mix, cheese, pimientos, garlic powder and hot sauce; mix on medium speed until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add water by the tablespoonful, if necessary, to get mixture to a workable consistency.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place 1/2-inch apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Serve warm with sauces, if desired.