Another southern favorite - 'fried' chicken and pimiento cheese. From myrecipes.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2-2 cups Japanese-style bread crumbs (panko)
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups pimento cheese
- chopped fresh chives
- 1Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 2Whisk together 1/2 cup milk and egg.
- 3Dip chicken in milk mixture, and dredge in breadcrumbs.
- 4Pour oil to a depth of 1/8 inch in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Cook chicken in hot oil about 10 minutes on each side or until done.
- 6Transfer chicken to a baking sheet.
- 7Hold chicken with tongs, and cut a slit in 1 side of each chicken breast to form a pocket.
- 8Spoon 1/3 cup Pimiento Cheese into each pocket.
- 9Bake at 350° for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 10Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pimiento Cheese-Stuffed Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.9
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 126.2 mg
- Sodium 805.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: