Recipe by lazyme
Another southern favorite - 'fried' chicken and pimiento cheese. From myrecipes.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups Japanese-style bread crumbs (panko)
- vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups pimento cheese
- chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup milk and egg.
- Dip chicken in milk mixture, and dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/8 inch in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken in hot oil about 10 minutes on each side or until done.
- Transfer chicken to a baking sheet.
- Hold chicken with tongs, and cut a slit in 1 side of each chicken breast to form a pocket.
- Spoon 1/3 cup Pimiento Cheese into each pocket.
- Bake at 350° for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately.