Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This can be a great filling for celery, but also a tasty dip for other vegetables, chips or crackers. How about a pimiento cheese sandwich? Recipe is from Jeanne Jones - Home Style Cooking cookbook. This is a recipe remake to lower calories and fat.
- 6 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (Heinz, near the cocktail sauce)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 large celery ribs
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients (except celery) to a smooth paste.
- Spoon two tablespoons of the mixture into each celery rib. Arrange on a dish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the flavors blend. To serve, cut each celery rib into 8 pieces.
Made for super bowl Sunday, this was enjoyed by my son and I. Nice flavors! Thanks for posting. :)