Recipe by lazyme
When I lived in the south I was introduced to grilled pimiento cheese sandwiches and got hooked on them. Here is a variation of the pimiento cheese sandwiches. From Southern Living Cooking Light. Time does not reflect chilling time.
Top Review by Susie D
Pimento cheese is a favorite here. This creamy version hit the spot for lunch. New to me was adding pickle juice. We served in pitas as suggested and with fresh fruit. Made for the Culinary Quest 2014.
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded colby cheese (8 ounces) or 2 cups longhorn cheese
- 4 ounces jarred diced pimentos, drained
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 24 inches whole wheat pita pocket bread
- 1 leaf lettuce