Recipe by KathyP53
I found this in Southern Living and OMG these are fantastic! Use your favorite from scratch pimiento cheese recipe or even the store bought variety.
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) packagefrozen biscuit dough
- all-purpose flour
- 2 cups pimento cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange frozen biscuits, with sides touching, in 3 rows of 4 biscuits on a lightly floured surface. Let stand for 30-45 minutes or until biscuits are thawed but cool to the touch.
- Sprinkle thawed biscuits lightly with flour. Press biscuit edges together, and pat to form a 10X12" rectabgle of dough; spread evenly with pimiento cheese.
- Roll up, starting at one long end; cut into 12 (about 1" thick) slices. Place one slice into each of 12 lightly greased 3" uffin pan cups.
- Bakeat 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool slightly, and remove from pan.
- Ham and Swiss Rolls:.
- Omit pimiento cheese. Stir together 1/4 cup each of softened butter, spicy brown mustard, and finely chopped sweet onion. Spread butter mixture evenly over 12X10" rectangle of thawed dough; sprinkle evenly with 1 cup each of shredded Swiss chees and chopped cooked ham. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Sausage and Cheddar Rolls:.
- Omit pimiento cheese. Spread 1/4 cup softened butter evenly over 12X10" rectangle of thawed dough; sprinkle evenly with 1 cup each of shredded cheddar cheese and and cooked, crumbled sausage. Procedd with recipe as directed.