Recipe by iris5555
From Cooking Light magazine. I used light cream cheese, but full fat everything else. Although the recipe stated that the pimientos should be undrained, I drained mine for a thicker consistency. I think the smoked paprika adds wonderful flavor to this.
- 2 tablespoons block-style fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely grated onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans, toasted
- 0.5 (2 ounce) jar diced pimento, undrained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 14 slices party-style pumpernickel bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cream cheese in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Stir in mayonnaise, onion, Worcestershire, salt, paprika and pepper.
- Add cheddar cheese, pecans, and pimiento; stir well.
- Cover and chill up to 3 hours.
- Serve with bread.